- Morrison Natural History Museum
- Triceratops Gulch Project
- TGP Itineraries and Program Changes
TGP Itineraries and Program Changes
Here is a list of considerations and changes for 2023
Roughing It: Be prepared to be in the Wyoming wilderness. Weather can be unpredictable, but typically hot, dry, and windy. Embrace the conditions! It's part of the adventure.
Supper: Crew dinner option is now offered as a part of the program, Thursday to Saturday only.
- The Enhanced Program balances time in the museum and fieldwork. The aim of this program is to provide basic relevant information and introduction to fieldwork activities. This program allows participants to find their fieldwork niche. If you have not participated with the Triceratops Gulch Project before, or since 2021, this is the program for you. If you are exploring paleontology as a future career or want a more well-rounded experience this program is right for you.
- The Excavation Program is intended for those who worked with us in 2022 so that you have the necessary foundation for success. It emphasizes advanced test excavation at potential sites and formal excavation at established quarries. This program will include field jacketing. Prospecting and early phase test trenching are not part of this program. If you have not participated with the Triceratops Gulch Project before, plan on participating with the Enhanced Program before enrolling in this program.
- The Prospecting Program is intended for those who worked with us in 2022 so that you have the necessary foundation for success. It emphasizes prospecting throughout the field area and initial test excavation at potential sites. Advanced test excavation at potential sites, formal excavation at established quarries, and field jacketing are not part of this program. If you have not participated with the Triceratops Gulch Project before, plan on participating with the Prospecting Program before enrolling in this program.
Deposit & Tuition: Pay online through the MNHM ticket portal. When sent a link, you can log on the reservation portal to make payment. This will allow you to either pay for your dig in full or make a deposit. If you would prefer we have also initiated a payment plan for this season. If you wish to take advantage of the payment plan, with the final payment being due six weeks before your dig program date, please coordinate with Sarah Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the museum at 303-697-1873. All major credit or debit cards are accepted.
Cancellation: Participants may cancel their reservation up to six weeks in advance of the start date, will result in full refund sans deposit. If you would prefer, up to six weeks before you can also reschedule to a later program in the same season as availability allows. Participants who cancel five weeks in advance of their program start date will receive a 50% refund sans deposit. For any cancellations within four weeks of a program start date, there is no refund available. In the event of program cancellation participants will receive a full refund within thirty days of the cancellation.