SMALL MUSEUM, BIG DISCOVERIES!
Our exhibits were designed to be toured with a guide. Many exhibits are hands-on and feature a demonstration. Tours are offered hourly and are complementary with admission.
- Time Garden - investigate Morrison's geologic setting.
- Quarry 5 Garden - observe "onsite fieldwork" as preparators probe sandstone boulders for fossils.
- Jurassic Garden - immerse yourself in a patch of Jurassic flora.
- Quarry 5 Fossil Dig Pit - children excavate a dinosaur skeleton.
- Time Trail - A one-mile scenic hike on a groomed trail. Educational signs interpret local geography in light of the rock and fossil record.
- Ticket Desk and Gift Shop - Purchase tickets. Gift shop features dinosaur-themed toys, apparel, books, and other unique items.
- Orientation exhibit. "What Lived Here Before Us?" Meet fossil species hail from the Denver area.
- The Jurassic Morrison exhibits feature rare and unique fossils. Discover the life and landscape of Jurassic Morrison with historical and modern discoveries.
- Meet Apatosaurus ajax
- See the remains of the first Stegosaurus fossils
- Tracking Stegosaurus. Encounter adult and infant stegosaur tracks.
- The Cretaceous Colorado exhibits demonstrates the scope of life and landscapes in Morrison during the Cretaceous.
- Encounter the cast skulls of Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus, the skeleton of Utahraptor and more.
- The Ice Age Survivors exhibit features live reptiles that lived alongside mammoths.
- Visit the Paleontology Laboratory. See the fossils that the MNHM crew are cleaning for study.